How to Change Default Browser on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and AndroidBlog
If you’re like most people, you probably use the same browser for all of your internet needs. But what if you want to switch things up? In this guide, we’ll show you how to change your default browser on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
Assuming you would like a detailed blog section on changing your default browser on Windows:
How to Change Your Default Browser in Windows
The default web browser in Windows is Microsoft Edge. If you prefer to use another browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you can change your default browser. Here’s how:
1. Open Microsoft Edge.
2. Click the menu button in the top-right corner of the window.
3. Click Settings.
4. Click View advanced settings.
5. Under “Default browser,” click the button that says “Make Microsoft Edge my default browser.”
6. A pop-up window will appear. Click the button that says “Yes.”
Your default browser will now be changed to Microsoft Edge.
How to change default browser on Mac
Different browsers have different capabilities and offer different levels of security, so it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. The default browser on your Mac is Safari, but you can also use other browsers, like Chrome or Firefox.
To change the default browser on your Mac:
1. Open System Preferences and click on the General icon.
2. In the “Default web browser” drop-down menu, select the browser you want to use as your default.
3. Close System Preferences.
Now, when you click on a link in an email or another document, it will open in the browser you selected.
How to change default browser on iPhone
The process for changing your default browser on iPhone is different than on a desktop computer. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on the Safari icon.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on the Default Browser setting.
4. Tap on the browser that you want to set as your default.
That’s all there is to it! Now, when you tap on a link, it will open in your default browser instead of Safari.
How to change default browser on Android
There are a few ways to change the default browser on your Android device. The most common way is to go into the device’s settings and look for the “Default apps” option. From there, you should be able to select the browser you want to use as your default.
If your device doesn’t have a “Default apps” option, you may be able to find a similar option in the settings for your specific browser. For example, in Chrome’s settings, you can go to the “Advanced” section and select “Make Chrome the default browser.”
If you can’t find any way to change the default browser on your device, you may be able to download and install a different browser from the Google Play Store. Once you’ve installed the browser, you should be able to set it as your default from the “Default apps” settings.
How to make your favorite browser the default on Windows
Assuming you’ve already downloaded your favorite browser, we’ll show you how to make it the default on Windows 10.
1. Open your current default browser.
2. Go to the settings menu. This is usually in the top right corner, represented by three dots.
3. Find the settings option that says “Make Default.”
4. A new window will pop up. Select your favorite browser from the list.
5. If it isn’t listed as an option, select “More” and then find your browser in the list of installed programs.
6. Once you’ve selected your browser, hit “Set this program as default.”
7. Close the window and you’re done!
Now, every time you open a new browser window or click on a link, your favorite browser will open automatically.
How to make your favorite browser the default on Mac
On a Mac, your default web browser can be changed in the Safari preferences. Here’s how:
1. Open Safari.
2. Click Safari in the menu bar, then select Preferences.
3. In the General tab, select your preferred web browser from the Default web browser drop-down menu.
4. Close the Preferences window.
Now, every time you click on a link in another application (like an email), it will open in your preferred web browser.